The Charter of Communication University of China
Article36 The faculties, centers and directly affiliated schools(faculties) shall perform the following duties:
(1) to organize and lead teaching, scientific research, public service and other work of their respective institutions;
(2) to improve the developing system of undergraduate and graduate students as well as improving the quality of talents cultivation;
(3) to organize the faculty team construction in their respective institutions;
(4) to plan and coordinate the establishment of disciplines, and set academic evaluation standards for their respective discipline fields;
(5) to optimize resources allocation, plan major research projects and the construction of interdisciplinary subjects’ platform as a whole; and carry out international exchanges and cooperation;
(6) to manage and use the funds and assets approved and allocated by the University.
Article 37 Deans of the faculties, Directors of centers and Deans of directly affiliated schools (faculties) shall be the chief executives and be fully responsible for teaching, scientific research, administrative management of their respective institutions.
Article 38 The Party Committee of faculties, centers and directly affiliated schools (faculties) shall perform the following duties:
(1) to publicize and implement the Party’s lines, principles and policies as well as the decisions of the University, and play the role of guarantee and supervision for their implementation.
(2) to discuss and decide on major affairs of their respective institutions through the institutions’ Party and Administrative Joint Meeting; and support the leadership of the administration and heads of their respective institutions to carry out work independently and conscientiously within the scope of their duties and functions;
(3) to strengthen the ideological, organizational, moral and system constructions, and combat corruption and uphold integrity; and give specific work instructions for the Party branches;
(4) to lead the ideological and political work of their respective institutions;
(5) to handle the education and management of Party cadres of their respective institutions;
(6) to lead the Labor Union, the Communist Youth League Committee, the Students’ Union and other mass organizations as well as the Faculty and Staff Congress.
Article 39 The Party and Administrative Joint Meeting in the faculties, centers, direct-affiliated schools is the basic system and primary form of deliberation and decision process. The meeting discusses and decides on major issues under the rules of related procedures
Article40 The University shall establish independent scientific research institutions affiliated to the University as needed. The institutions undertake the tasks of scientific research, talents cultivation and public service by the authority of the University and other relevant bylaws.
Chapter V Faculty and Staff
Article41 Faculty and staff of the University are composed of teachers, professionals and technical staffs, administrative staffs, workers and logistics staffs. The faculty and staff shall be classified and managed by technical posts, managing posts and logistic posts in the University.
Article 42 The University shall carry out performance evaluations for faculty and staff at regular terms and the evaluation outcome shall be the basis of appointment, promotion, turnover, rewards and punishment.
Article 43 The University shall handle the management and service work of the emeritus and the retired in accordance with the relevant national regulations.
Article 44 Faculty and staff shall enjoy the following rights:
(1) to employ public resources of the University in accordance with their job duties and requirements;
(2) to acquire necessary accesses to job opportunities and conditions for self-improvement in a fair manner;
(3) to receive equitable evaluation on ethics, competence and achievement;
(4) to be informed of the reform, construction, development and other major issues of the university which concern their vital interests;
(5) to participate in democratic management processes and offer comments and suggestions on the University affairs；
(6) to express objections or lodge appeals on matters of employment, welfare benefits, evaluation and awards, disciplinary penalty and other affairs;
(7) other rights prescribed by laws, regulations and rules.