The Charter of CUC
The Charter of Communication University of China
Article 23 The Academic Degree Evaluation Committee shall be established in charge of degree conferring and other related affairs of the University in accordance with laws.
(1) to decide on the approval for conferring degrees for bachelor, master and doctor;
(2) to approve the nomination of honorary doctor degree;
(3) to deliberate the application of disqualification for a degree and decide on revoking a degree;
(4) to arbitrate disputes of degree awarding;
(5) to give advice on the other matters of the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee upon the request of the University.
The members of the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee shall be selected according to the disciplines and specialties, and the President shall serve as the chairperson. The tenure system shall be applied to commissioners, who hold the office for a four-year term and can be re-elected but cannot serve more than two terms of office consecutively.
The branch committee shall be established in the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee as required, and perform duties thereof.
Article 24 The Advisory Committee of Undergraduate Education shall be established in charge of offering suggestions for the curriculum development and daily teaching operation of undergraduate education and carry out work in accordance with its own Charters.
Article 25 The Advisory Committee of Graduate Education shall be established in charge of offering suggestions for cultivation plan making and cultivation process management, and shall perform its duties according to its own Charters.
Article 26 The Teaching Supervisory Committee shall be established and be responsible for the supervision, inspection, evaluation and guidance of undergraduate and graduate education, and shall perform its duties in accordance with its own Charters.
Article 27 The Professional Title Evaluation and Appointment Committee shall be established to evaluate and appoint series of professional titles, and shall perform its duties in accordance with relevant bylaws.
Article 28 The Faculty and Staff Congress shall be established as a fundamental means for the faculty and staff to participate in democratic management and supervision of the University. The Faculty and Staff Congress shall perform the following duties:
(1) to listen to the report of the University Charter formulation and revision, and propose amendment suggestions;
(2) to listen to the reports of solutions concerning the University development plan, the construction of faculty team, the education reforms, the campus construction and other significant issues, and to put forward suggestions;
(3) to listen to the annual report, financial report, Labor Union report and other special project reports of the University, and put forward suggestions;
(4) to discuss the decisions proposed by the University about the welfare directly related to the benefits of faculty and staff, the internal resource distribution plan, and the corresponding ways of faculty and staff appointment, evaluation, award and punishment;
(5) to deliberate the handling report of the proposals put forward by the last Faculty and Staff Congress;
(6) to deliberate the University leaders according to relevant provisions and arrangements;
(7) to put forward suggestions through different means for the University’s work, and supervise the practicability of the Charter and regulations and decisions of the University;
(8) to discuss over issues stipulated by laws, regulations and rules, as well as affairs stipulated by the University.
The detailed implementation rules of the Faculty and Staff Congress shall be formulated. Faculty and Staff Congress shall perform its duties in accordance with relevant regulations.
Article 29 The Council shall be established in the University. The Council is an institution in charge of consultation, negotiation, deliberation and supervision and it is composed of representatives caring and supporting the development of the University from all sectors. The Council serves as an important organizational form and institution platform for the University to achieve scientific policy-making, democratic supervision and public participation.
Article 30 The Party and administration functional institutions, directly affiliated institutions, educational and scientific research institutions shall be established by the University as needed. All the institutions shall perform their duties of management, safeguarding and service according to the authorization of the University.
Article 31 The supervision and auditing institution shall be established by the University and the university shall independently exercise the authority of supervision and auditing.
Article 32 The University shall support and guarantee the Labor Union, the Communist Youth League and other mass organizations to carry out their work independently in accordance with their respective Charters.
Article 33 The University’s democratic parties and social groups shall carry out activities and participate in democratic management and supervision in accordance with their respective Charters.
Chapter IV Teaching and Research Institutions
Article 34 The University shall adopt the internal management system with a dual-level administration system between the University and faculties, centers and directly affiliated schools (faculties).
Faculties, centers and directly affiliated schools (faculties) have the functions of academic and administrative management, with their internal organizations acting as the operation bodies of teaching, scientific research and other work.
Article 35 The University shall establish faculties according to categories of disciplines or broad categories, and under special circumstances establish faculties according to first-level disciplines. The University shall establish a minority of directly affiliated schools (faculties) in accordance with the particularity of the disciplines, specialties and duties of some teaching units.