The Charter of Communication University of China
Article 21 The President shall implement the Party's education policy, organize and implement the relevant resolutions of the University’s Party Committee, exercise authority which is prescribed by Higher Education Law and other laws under the leadership of the University’s Party Committee. The President shall undertake the overall responsibility for teaching, scientific research, and administrative management of the University, whose duties are as follows:
(1) to draft and implement the University development plans, basic management system, important administrative regulations and rules, major teaching and research reform measures and important allocation scheme of teaching resources; formulate specific rules, regulations and annual work plans, and arrange for their implementation;
(2) to draw up and implement plans for the University internal organizations and institutions, nominate the Vice-President candidates, and appoint and remove the heads of institutions in accordance with the relevant national laws and the regulations on selection and appointment of cadres;
(3) to formulate and implement development plans for human resources, significant talents policies and major talents projects in the University, take charge of the construction of faculty team, and employ and dismiss teachers and other internal staff according to relevant regulations;
(4) to formulate and implement the major basic construction plans and the annual appropriation budget of the University, strengthen financial management and auditing supervision, and manage and protect university assets;
(5) to organize and implement teaching activities and scientific researches, innovate talents training mechanism, improve the quality of talent cultivation, encourage innovation in cultural inheritance, serve national and local economic and social development, and strive to make the University top-notch with distinctive characteristics;
(6) to organize ideological and moral education, manage the registration and records of the students, and award students as well as imposing penalty, and carry out admission and employment;
(7) to deal with the issues concerning university security, stability, and logistical support;
(8) to organize and conduct international exchange and cooperation, sign cooperation agreements on behalf of the University with governments at all levels, social circles and overseas institutions in accordance with the laws, and accept social donations;
(9) to report to the University’s Party Committee on the implementation of major resolutions, report to the Faculty and Staff Congress, organize and deal with proposals of the Faculty and Staff Congress, the Student Congress, the Labor Union Members Representative Assembly and the Communist Youth League Congress which are related to administrative affairs, and support party organizations at all levels, grass-roots democratic parties, mass organizations, and academic groups to carry out their work;
(10) to fulfill other responsibilities stipulated in laws, regulations, and this Charter.
The President’s Administrative Meeting is the decision-making body for administrative affairs of the University. It proposes plans on important matters to be discussed and decided by the University’s Party Committee, deploys and implements related measures of the University’s Party Committee resolutions, and handles teaching, research, and administrative management affairs.
The President’s Administrative Meeting shall be held and presided over by President. Vice presidents and president assistants shall participate in the meeting. Director of Supervision shall attend the meeting. The meeting agenda shall be proposed by the leadership team of the University and determined by President. The Secretary of the University’s Party Committee, Deputy Party Secretary and the Secretary of Commission for Discipline Inspection shall participate in the meeting depending on the agendas.
Article 22 The Academic Committee shall be established in charge of policy-making, deliberation, evaluation, and consultation in academic activities of the University. The Academic Committee is the highest academic institution which performs the following duties:
(1) to deliberate or decide the following affairs: the University’s projects on disciplines, specialties, faculty development and important academic plans on scientific research and international academic exchange and cooperation; the independent establishment or application of disciplines; and the academic qualification and bylaws of faculty rank appointment and other affairs;
(2) to evaluate the following matters: the awards of teaching and scientific research as well as recommendation of achievement awards for teaching and scientific research; independent establishment of various awards for academic, research funds and projects as well as teaching, scientific research awards and other affairs;
(3) to offer consultation suggestions on the following decision-makings: the important and overall development plans and strategies concerning academic affairs; the arrangement, allocation, and utilization of funds for teaching and scientific research in the budget and final accounts of the University;
(4) to deal with the tip-offs of academic misconducts, and to conduct an investigation and adjudicate academic disputes;
(5) to give advice on the other matters of the Academic Committee upon the request of the University;
The Academic Committee shall be composed of professors and other senior-professionals from different academic disciplines and specialties in the University. The number of the committee members shall be matched with the disciplines and specialties. Those holding Party and administrative leading positions of the University and functional institutions shall not exceed one quarter of the total. At least one half of the members shall be professors without holding Party and administrative leading positions, or heads of academic and scientific research institutions.
The Academic Committee shall have one chairperson nominated by President and elected by all the committee members.
The tenure system shall be applied to the the Academic Committee members, who hold the office for a four-year term. They can be re-elected, but cannot serve more than two terms of office consecutively. The number of two-term commissioners shall not be more than two-thirds of the total commissioners.
The Academic Committee shall establish the branch committees as required, which perform duties thereof.